Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Renovation Inspiration

I bought my house from a family member during the ARM (adjustable rate mortgage) boom that caused so many families to foreclose a couple years ago. My intentions were to help save this persons credit and then to somehow slip out of the loan. My 21 year old understanding of mortgages obviously wasnt very strong, because, well...duh? You cant slip out of a mortgage. Now, here I am doing my best to turn lemons into lemonade. I am going to renovate this house and make it shine.

First on my list of renovations is the bedroom. I'm going for glam, fun, sexy. Very Jonathan Adler. Somewhere where I can take my spaghetti covered mom clothes off and wind down in pretty pajamas with my love.

Ready to be inspired?






Images from Jonathan Adler

The thing I LOVE about all of these rooms is how fun they are, but are still chic, sexy and super glamorous.




Images courtesy of Design Sponge Sneak Peak of Amie Corley's house

Bedroom TO DO list:

1. Make DIY nailhead headboard
2. Find a beautiful old louis chair and reupholster in FUN fabric
3. Paint dresser white
4. Buy a BIG fluffy flokati rug
5. Hang curtains on windows
6. Hang mirrored closet doors
7. Spray paint old brass chandelier and hang

Before and Afters to come!

No comments: